We comply with the US Federal Act on Data Protection (the Act). This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website and notifying you. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
This Policy was last updated on October 4th, 2017.
WHO DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We collect personal information about you from:
• you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
• third parties where you have authorized this or the information is publicly available. If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information:
• to verify your identity
• to provide services and products to you
• to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (i.e. by text or email for this purpose)
• to improve the services and products that we provide to you
• to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
• to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymity basis)
• to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
• for any other purpose authorized by you or the privacy act.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
• another company within our group
• any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data center that we use to provide the website or other services and products
• any other person authorized by the Act or another law (i.e. a law enforcement agency)
• any other person authorized by you.
A business that supports our services and products may be located anywhere globally. This may mean that your personal information is held and processed outside your home country.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorized activity, or other misuse. In case a data breach occurs, we would inform you on our site within 7 business days of occurrence.
ACCESSING, CORRECTING & REMOVING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (At the moment, we can accept communication in English only).
Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (i.e. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting). We may charge you our reasonable costs of correcting your personal information.
PROTECTION OF CHILDREN
We are not directly promoting our website to children below 13 years old and children below 13 years old are not permitted to use our website. We’ve taken reasonable measures to protect children below 13 years old.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure Internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the Internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post your personal information on the website, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is available to the people you connect with.
COOKIES & THIRD PARTY ELEMENTS
Cookies are specifically but not exclusively used for the following:
• Remember your preferences (i.e. log in details)
• Website usage (i.e. Google Analytics)
• Third party advertisement (i.e. Google AdSense)