RULES AND GUIDELINES
The following is an explanation of the Rules and Guidelines governing the submissions of a film/screenplay to the Global Motion Picture Awards. Compliance with these Rules and Guidelines is necessary in order to participate. Submission of a film/screenplay implies unconditional acceptance of the Rules & Guidelines, therefore, please carefully read through the rules prior to submitting your film. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com (At the moment, we can accept communication in English only).
1. The Global Motion Picture Awards accepts submissions for films/screenplays in all forms and genres. The Filmmaker/Screenwriter is responsible to pick the category to submit in. Global Motion Picture Awards reserves the right to shift submissions into a different category.
2. SUBMISSION CATEGORIES
Please review submission categories carefully before submitting. All entrants are required to pay the submission fee of their films'/screenplays' appropriate category. If you believe you have submitted your film/screenplay to the wrong category, contact us immediately. While we can facilitate a change in category, the entrant will be responsible for any changes in submission fees. We cannot offer partial refunds for categories with a smaller fee. If the new category has a higher fee, the entrant is responsible for paying the difference.
Please read category descriptions carefully to determine where your submission belongs. If the entrant wishes to submit to multiple categories, a separate submission fee must be paid for each category. The Global Motion Picture Awards reserves the right to determine eligibility of a submission in each respective category. Refunds will not be offered for submission to the incorrect category.
3. The Entrant/s submitting the film/screenplay must hold all legal rights for the submission, as well as all necessary clearances for public exhibition.
4. The Filmmaker/s/Screenwriter/s retain/s all submission and intellectual property rights.
5. Films/Screenplays must be submitted electronically via our supported Festival Platforms (Festhome.com/FilmFreeway.com/ClickForFestivals.com).
6. To submit a film/screenplay via our supported Festival Platforms: Log onto the website, set up an account, and submit your film/screenplay. Your fee will also be processed via our supported Festival Platforms, during submitting your film/screenplay through our supported Festival Platforms.
7. The Filmmaker/s/Screenwriter/s is/are responsible for making sure all submission materials are submitted by the submission deadline indicated. If your film/screenplay does not arrive or is not uploaded by the deadline for which you have registered, you may be required to pay the higher submission fee or withdrawn.
8. The following concerns submission deadlines and submission fees. Note, the deadlines are not the postmark dates, but the dates by which the submission must be registered with our supported Festival Platforms. Each submission must be accompanied by the appropriate fee. Submission fees are in are U.S. Dollars or Euros per submission and is non-refundable. These fees must be paid thru our supported Festival Platforms.
9. Entry does not guarantee acceptance into the festival. Submissions will not be returned.
10. All films must be in English or with English subtitles. Non-English language films without subtitles will not be considered. Screenplays must be in English or translated into English.
11. Please test your media prior to submission to make sure they run properly and are not damaged.
12. Global Motion Picture Awards is not responsible for any damage to materials that occurred while in transit. If your film arrives damaged, we will contact you to request another copy.
13. Filmmakers/Screenwriters are allowed to submit more than one film/screenplay for the Festival provided that each film/screenplay is submitted separately and meet Global Motion Picture Awards guidelines.
14. Filmmakers/Screenwriters are allowed to re-submit a film/screenplay that was previously submitted provided significant changes were made and all eligibility requirements are met. When re-submitting the film/screenplay, include a brief letter detailing the changes made.
15. The Filmmaker/Screenwriter is responsible for all shipping costs, domestic or international.
16. All personal contact information is to remain confidential and not to be shared with any third parties.
17. Global Motion Picture Awards is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film, the names from crew and cast as well as pictures of the film/crew/cast submitted and accepted to the Awards for promotional and marketing purposes.
Permission to use stills and excerpts from the submitted film, not to exceed 3 minutes, for promotional purposes (in print, theatrically, broadcast, internet or all other means as well as released to the news media) is considered granted upon submission as well as copying and archiving the entries to Blu-ray, DVD, Hard Disk, Tape or other means for projection for the festival, and for the purpose of previewing and judging.
18. All decisions regarding award winners are considered final and incontestable.
19. There is no Premiere requirement. Usually, submitting your work to any film festival isn't without consequences. Most of the top tier film festivals require a world premiere. Submitting your film to a screening festival, could result in having your film being disqualified by other festivals. This is not the case when you submit your film to the Global Motion Picture Awards. Fact is that all films are being screened privately. When your film is being selected or awarded at the Global Motion Picture Awards your premiere status will not be affected. The Award Ceremony takes place on February 14 in the following year after submission (i.e. 2017 submissions = Ceremony on Feb 14, 2018), time and place always to be announced separately.
20. We also accept submissions that have premiered elsewhere and that may have distribution agreements already in place.
21. SUBMISSION SCREENING FORMAT
The Global Motion Picture Awards only accepts Online screeners thru our supported Festival Platforms.
22. COMPLETED SUBMISSIONS INCLUDE
- Submission fees
- All required fields through Online platform
- All Film submissions must include: Synopsis (in English), 2 high resolution stills from the film, full cast and credits list, and an official film poster
- All Screenplay submissions must include: Synopsis (in English), detailed Character descriptions (in English)
- All payments and fees for submissions must be paid through the Online submission process. The Global Motion Picture Awards does not accept any mailed payments.
- There are absolutely no refunds.
- The Global Motion Picture Awards does not wave submission fees to preserve the integrity of the competition and its participants’ artistic works.
24. FILM REQUIREMENTS
- The Global Motion Picture Awards accepts films of all genres.
- Feature films must be over 40 minutes in length as defined by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, the AFI, and the BFI. (“a film with a running time of 2400 seconds or longer”).
- Short films must be 40 minutes or less in length as defined by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. (“an original motion picture that has a running time of 40 minutes or less, including all credits”).
- There are separate categories for all Motion Pictures that are not defined as Film or Documentary or that do not fit the above categories for any other reason. There are no length restrictions in these categories.
- The Global Motion Picture Awards considers all films regardless of Music, Mobile, Commercial, PSA, Experimental, VR, theatrical, or television plays globally.
- Premieres are not required.
- All films in a language other than English must include subtitles in English.
- Works-in-progress will be considered. PLEASE NOTE: Upon acceptance, filmmakers must deliver completed film for festival screening by set deadline.
25. SCREENPLAY REQUIREMENTS
- The Global Motion Picture Awards accepts screenplays in all genres.
- Multiple screenplays may be submitted by one writer.
- The Global Motion Picture Awards accepts screenplays in all screenplay formats.
- Screenplay submissions are not required to include artwork.
- Feature Screenplays must be over 40 pages, Short Screenplays 40 pages and under.
- Screenplays must be in English or translated into English.
- All Screenplay submissions must include: Synopsis (in English), detailed Character descriptions (in English).
- Screenplays must be submitted in PDF or Final Draft format.
26. REFUNDS & DISQUALIFICATION
Once a project is listed “In Consideration” on our supported Festival Platforms, we are unable to offer refunds for any reason, including (but not limited to):
- Submission to the wrong category
- Change in premiere status or distribution
- Duplicate submissions
- Failure to pay the full submission fee by the final deadline
- Failure to provide a working screener by the final deadline
- Project’s failure to comply with submission Rules & Terms
- Rejection from the festival
- Withdrawing your submission for any reason (including changes of heart)
The Global Motion Picture Awards reserves the right to disqualify any submission without refund of submission fees
27. All Film Festival entrants or submitters must by 18 years of age or older. Those who are not the legal age to enter contracts, must have written permission from their parent or legal guardian.
The filmmaker/screenwriter holds the Global Motion Picture Awards, its management, juries, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, affiliates, and etc. harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from entry. The filmmaker/screenwriter certifies to have full rights. Producer/Filmmaker will indemnify the organizers of the Festival against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.
SUBMISSION RELEASE AGREEMENT
I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree to the following:
- I have read, understood, and complied with all eligibility and submission requirements
- All the statements and documents provided are authentic and accurate
- In consideration for the selection opportunity into the Global Motion Picture Awards, I release and discharge the Global Motion Picture Awards from any and all claims, demands, or causes of actions related to misappropriation or infringement of copyright or violation of any other right arising from or relating to my submission hereunder.
- I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Global Motion Picture Awards from any claims that arise as a result of my screenplay and/or film submission or screening of my film (upon selection) as well as from damage to or loss of any submitted documents or materials en route to the festival.
- I have all rights necessary and am duly authorized to submit this screenplay and/or film to the Global Motion Picture Awards.
- I understand, as the authorized and responsible representative of my selected screenplay and/or film, any prize awarded to the selected screenplay and/or film is to be received by me or any other singular, official representative of the selected screenplay and/or film.
- I understand that the Global Motion Picture Awards may disqualify and reject any submission that it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, is not in compliance, in whole or in part, with the mentioned Terms.
- I understand that the Global Motion Picture Awards does not issue any form of refund to any selected screenplay and film regardless of circumstances.
- I understand that I give permission to use stills and excerpts from the submitted film, not to exceed 3 minutes, for promotional purposes (in print, theatrically, broadcast, internet or all other means as well as released to the news media) is considered granted upon submission as well as copying and archiving the entries to Blu-ray, DVD, Hard Disk, Tape or other means for projection for the festival, and for the purpose of previewing and judging.
- I understand that the Global Motion Picture Awards will not reimburse me for any costs related to the festival incl. travel/accommodation or any other costs to, at and from the Awards Ceremony.
- I do understand that all entrants or submitters must by 18 years of age or older. Those who are not the legal age to enter contracts, must have written permission from their parent or legal guardian.